Twelve Facts and Important Accident Information You Should Know About
1. Insurance companies cannot warranty work done to a vehicle, only the repair facility can. Find a repair facility that offers a lifetime warranty.
2. Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages.
3. Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired . You can do this, or you may leave your car at our shop and ask that the insurance company to inspect the car here.
4. There is no law requiring you to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
5. You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice.
6. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop for repairs.
7. You have the right to ask for O.E.M. parts vs. AMKT and or LKQ, although the insurance Co. does not have to pay the difference of the OEM parts price.
8. Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If your not sure why one estimate is different from another you have received, please ask us.
9. Choose a shop that has uni-body repair equipment and certified (by I-CAR or ASE, for example) technicians and advisors
10. Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
11. Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.
12. Your car is one of the largest investments you are likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
13. LET BECK AND MASTEN COLLISION HELP YOU NEGOTIATE YOUR CLAIM WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY.